Halloween is such an exciting time, children and adults alike get to dress up and explore their creativity as a different person for a few hours or the whole day. To keep these memories positive here are a few safety tips for trick or treating.
1) Never go to stranger’s house or alone. Always go in groups and/or with a trusted adult.
2) Only go into well-lit houses.
3) Look both ways before crossing the street and use crosswalks whenever possible.
4) Always walk on the sidewalk whenever possible.
5) Use reflective tape to help drivers see you.
6) Use a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see better and others see you.
7) Think about your costume; don’t wear anything too dark that you can’t be seen. Avoid masks or costume pieces that will block your vision in all directions or will block your ability to clearly breathe or speak.
8) Wear comfortable shoes and appropriate size costume to avoid tripping hazards.
9) Eat only factory-wrapped treats, avoid homemade treats made by strangers.
10) Always test eye makeup in a small area to check for allergies. Never leave the makeup on overnight, wash it off before going to bed.
Follow these simple tips to make sure you have an incident free Halloween. Don’t forget to share these tips with your friends and family so they can enjoy a safe fun-filled Halloween.